A Few 4X4s

October is winding it's way down to Halloween: only a week and a day!
So here's a quick post with some 4 X 4 canvases I've done. You may have seen them for sale on my Etsy site. Check it out for more Halloween items!


Stone Owl:  This owl image is a rubber stamp from Stampers Anonymous and Tim Holtz. I just wanted a focal point for my scraps background. What is really cool about this little canvas is that the painted background is done with an Art Alchemy paint that is interference violet/green. Interference paints look one color at a certain angle then the other color at a different angle. It doesn't photograph well but when you tilt it, the color changes from that faint iridescent green to a shimmery purple. Love. I just painted it onto the white canvas but it works the same way if you paint it over another acrylic. Hmmm....yeah, I need to try that.





Scooby-Doo!:  I love Scooby-Doo...those old cartoons before they got Scrappy and all those guest stars. They were really quite scary for a kid with a vivid imagination. But they always unmasked the monster in the end and that made it OK. When I coated this canvas with leftover green paint, I had no idea what I'd do with it. I pulled out my sticker stash for Halloween projects to use them up on tags. I found these stickers of Scooby-Doo and the background green seemed an excellent match. This small canvas represents the opening theme of the show. The Haunted House, the flying screeching bats, and then the theme song begins with a montage of the Gang. This one's a keeper.



October Pumpkin Carving:  Here's the truth about pumpkin carving: I LOVE it. BUT I hate gutting the damn things. That slimy interior that is always cold just makes my skin crawl. I'm no fan of pumpkin seeds either, roasted, toasted, or otherwise flavored. But for the work that goes into carving a jack-o-lantern, the results are amazing. I can't do anything Halloween related without a tip of the hat to the traditional jack-o-lantern.


Carving Time:   I think it's pretty obvious this year that the Tim Holtz Paper Dolls ephemera pack was my favorite play thing. But this old photo of the four boys showing off their carved pumpkins has got to be my favorite. (the witches come in a close second!) The skeleton in the back matched too well and I was reminded of those photos people take in haunted places where the ghost shows up in a closer inspection of the photo. This one is also a keeper.






I hope you'll join me for my last few Halloween posts! Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, and a special Halloween day post.

Thanks for looking! Please share with your like-minded friends, too!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts