The Sea Canvas (Complete)



After I found my shells, this finished up very quickly...probably because I knew exactly what I wanted to put on the top layer. The quote I had written down for the longest time and always just loved it. It's from a poem by ee cummings; sorry I forget the title. I thought it best represented the piece and it repeated through my head as I worked on it.

I added Distress Stickles to the white of the waves to give a touch of sparkle. It's very subtle and exactly what I wanted.



I bought the Seahorse charm on a chain of several and just wanted to use one!



Added many small shells (and a few stickers of shells to use them up) in the corners. The 3D items are attached with matte Gel Medium.



These epoxy circles I stumbled across when I was searching my stash for my shells. The little sheet I had cried to be used up so I made them bubbles and they add a nice top layer. Not too flashy but not unnoticable.

Super happy with this piece, now titled, "What we find in the Sea".
I vow to use more old maps and blue paint.
--Wy
"For whatever we lose (like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea."  --ee cummings

Comments

Popular Posts