Inkspirational Challenge #105: Umbrella Photo


I made this card for the Inkspirational Challenge Blog. When I saw the photo, I immediately thought of a stamp to use.
So I made this card:
Unity Owl:  This stamp (and the sentiment) is from Unity Stamps. The embossed background stars are from Lawn Fawn. I knew I wanted the pop of yellow but couldn't bring myself to make my owl too gray. So I went with warm tones from the Distress line; Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, and Wild Honey.
 
I embossed the stars with a silver embossing powder but they ended up more tone-on-tone with the dark grey paper, though it does have a bit of a metallic sheen. I think that worked in my favor as it doesn't compete for attention with the focal image.

Hope you find some time to make a card or two soon!
--Wy

Comments

  1. Such a cute card! I love the embossed stars against the black panel and your inked sky looks great! The cute mushroom umbrella image is a great addition. So fun! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts