Little Owl Canvas

You just have days when you NEED to rip up some paper.

I've had a few of those days recently. Finally decided to just throw it on a canvas.


You may recognize some of his feathers. (Hint: Look anything like this canvas?) I have come to accept that I just love paper and that is what I like to showcase.



I don't give too much "tutorial" when I post about my canvases and that's usually because I never remember all the stuff that goes into them. I'm horrible about documenting the process for these. They do go in stages where I do the background, let it sit, let it sit, try something, let it sit...etc. The background on this canvas sat for several months before I finally dove back into doing canvases. I had been side-tracked with cards, journaling, and the job that pays the bills.


I can tell you that Little Owl is an 8"X 10" canvas and uses primarily paper. Any coloring is added with spray inks (Lindy's Stamp Gang, Dylusions, Glimmer Mist) and gelatos (Faber Castell). The 3-D eyes are buttons, a typewriter alphabet sticker and a plastic ring (colored with alcohol inks). I used ModPodge (Matte finish) to adhere all elements except the eyes which required Multi Matte Medium (Ranger).

Lesson Learned:  I have a great appreciation for what certain shapes can inspire.

Thanks for taking a look! Enjoy the rest of the week!
-Wy
Great Horned Owl Video  
I just found this video on YouTube and decided that's the kind of owl I was going for in this canvas.

Comments

Popular Posts