The Woodfire Canvas

I had a canvas sitting around that I just couldn't decide whether I liked it or not. I loved the background but the focal image just didn't grab me.

So I did what any artist without any confidence did; I painted it black.

Yup, Black.

I was going to collage over it with paper or just Gesso the whole thing but...well...I wanted a black canvas.

I was inspired by a stamp image that was sitting on my table at the time and by a quote that I had used in my altered book: Fire.

Here's what the new canvas looks like:



The quote was written with a silver Uniball Signo pen and says, "To poke a woodfire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world." My original concept was to make it blend in with the smoke but I decided that I wanted it to be easily read instead.
 

Enjoy your week!
-Wy
"I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore, I want them to turn black."
   --The Rolling Stones, "Paint it Black"

Comments

Popular Posts