Red Carpet Studios Challenge #69: Something Borrowed

 
Red Carpet Studios has a new Challenge and it's inspiration is the movie "Something Borrowed". So we borrowed some sketches set up over at Stick It Down!

Stick it Down is a newly launched sketch blog that creates single page, double page scrapbook layouts along with cards. Go there to find a sketch to inspire you! Pick a sketch and then link up your creation over at RCS and you might win a little something.

Here's the card I made for my brother (and no spoiler for him as he already has it!):


Front
Inside

May the 4th:  For any Star Wars nerds, you know what 5/4 is. That's correct, it's Star Wars Day. Since I love Star Wars (as does my brother), I decided to commemorate it with a card. I've had this scrapbook paper hanging around just begging to be used.

I used this sketch from Stick It Down:


It's an easy card; I just cut up the scrapbook paper that had the images and followed the sketch. Love the way it looks! Don't have Star Wars themed paper? (Shame on you!) Here's a card I made for the same purpose but without the "licensed" paper.


Death Star Card:  Just stamp a black card with lots of stars for your background. I used Color Box Frost white pigment ink and tiny stars found in Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After set. I used scraps of paper for the rest. Two strips of bright pink and turquoise paper make up the lightsabers with a handle of silver cardstock. The Death Star is just a circle of silvery paper with drawn in details. (It ain't the best looking but Star Wars fans get the jist!)



I added my sentiment in the square this time. It sorta follows the sketch, hmm? So even if you don't have "the" stuff for a Star Wars card, just use what you've got.

I hope to see what you create from these fun sketches over at Stick It Down. (and enter their current challenge, too!) Be sure to share them at Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog!
--Wy
"Do or do not. There is no try." --Yoda, Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back



Comments

Popular Posts