Red Carpet Studios Challenge #68: The Heat

This Challenge is based on the movie, "The Heat". So make up a paper project with a Heat based theme. Think about heat embossing, or using fire images, or maybe a scrapbook page of campfires. Heck, just use some warm colors that remind you of fire! Once you got a project done, snap a photo and share it with us over at Red Carpet Studios! You might win a prize from our sponsor:



I immediately knew that for this challenge I had to do a campfire! And what's better than s'mores? Huh? Nothing. Nothing better than a s'more cooked over an open fire.
So here's my card:


I Love You Smore:  This stamp is from Impression Obsession and I just love coloring it in. It takes a while but is worth it when it's done. I cut it out in a circle shape that ends up being about 4". For the sticks and wood panel, I stamped a wood grain border I had from Freshly Squeezed Stamps. The marshmallows are just punched squares with the corners trimmed off. I used Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge Distress Markers to add the "roasted" look on the bottom of them.



The sentiment is an "I *heart* you" from an old Inkadinkadoo set I had. Since I didn't have the word "smore" and none of my little alphabets seemed to look right, I decided to write it in. As I was trying to decide on black or brown marker, I found an embossing powder I had forgotten. The powder is from Gelly and it's a scented one that smells like chocolate! So I wrote the word in Versamark pen and added the powder. It worked pretty well, though I had a few holes where the powder blew off. I just colored in the holes with a brown marker to make it look uniform. I outlined the word with a black sharpie (ultra fine tip) to make it legible. (and honestly, like it better all puffed out and fat like that!)


To finish off the card, I added a dashed line around the circle in brown marker and a bit of Smooch accent ink in red to the heart in the sentiment. I used a pre-made Coredinations red card for the base.

I hope this inspires you to make something heat-themed! Share your projects over at Red Carpet Studios so I can see what you make! Link up by May 3rd! Thanks!
--Wy
"Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on."

Comments

Popular Posts