Red Carpet Studios Challenge #67: Hop

The Easter Bunny's coming!
For the Red Carpet Studio Challenge, our inspirational movie is Hop.

This is the story of an accidental encounter between a rebel Easter bunny in training and an unemployed slacker who become friends despite their opposite backgrounds.

THE CHALLENGE: Create a project inspired by Easter. Do you have pictures of your little ones coloring Easter Eggs? Are you partial to pastel colors? We can't see how you are inspired!
Link up by APRIL 19 at 11:00 PM US CST.
 
You could be randomly selected to win a Gift Certificate to:
 
Molossi Wholesale scrapbooking suppliers
http://www.molossiwholesale.com.au/

 
  
Here's my card:

Easter Morning:  Easter always inspires me with pastel colors but I wanted to do something different this year. So I kept my pastel colors limited to the sunrise and used blues to make those colors pop.

The card is an A2 size. I had been cutting egg shapes for other things and decided to use the negative space as a frame for my larger stamped image. A bit of thread and flowers just added a fancy touch.

 
The image is actually two stamps: the background "forest" is from Lost Coast Designs and the small bunnies are from 100 Proof Press. They are stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink onto Glossy cardstock. I chose glossy cardstock so that my coloring would blend out and not look so bright. When I use Distress Markers on glossy, I have a bit of open time where I can smear the ink with my finger before it sinks into the paper. That allows for that streaky look but also blends the lines between colors without adding water. I like the softer look it provides for this card.
The colors I used here are: Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, and Scattered Straw. I also used Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, and a touch of Picket Fence (on the tails) for the rabbits. I used the fine tip end of the marker to sketch out a bit more detail to the grass. (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint)
 
I hope you'll show off your creations at Red Carpet Studio Challenge Blog. I'd love to see your work!
Happy Easter!
--Wy
"and the green grass grows all around, all around; and the green grass grows all around."

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:49 PM

    I love this card..those bunnies are so cute...reminds me a little of the book "Watership Down"...I think that was the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Love the image and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts