Build a Background Challenge #41

At A Blog Named Hero the current challenge was to build a background. I admit that I do this but only when I have no patterned paper that will suffice. My limits most often are stamp choices and ink color. When I have a stamp, I don't have the color that I'd like to ink it. When I have an ink, I usually don't have the stamp I have in mind. I tell myself that I should invest in some background stamps but BIG stamps sometimes scare me. I have a rough time stamping them just right, if you know what I mean.

But I did pull out the only Hero Arts stamps I own to try my hand at this challenge. They may be the only ones I currently have but I do so adore these flowers.


Hero Arts Birthday Card:  I used B4385 Pinwheel Posy for the background. I stamped it in Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on a turquoise cardstock. I added little Jewel Dazzles (Hot off the Press) for their centers.



I cut out a 3.5" white cardstock circle and stamped G5750, those long stemmed flowers, with black pigment ink and embossed. I colored the insides of the flowers and added a stem of green along each line. I stamped "Happy Birthday" (I have no idea where this stamp is from, it's well used and old!) and added the little ruffle along the edge with black sharpie marker.

For all the layers I try to achieve in my mixed media art, I sometimes forget the satisfaction I get from a clean and simple card. This one makes me happy.

--Wy
"Ring around the rosy, a pocket full of posies..."

Comments

  1. Thank you for joining us at ABNH 'Buiild a Background'. Your card is really beautiful. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts