Some Cards to Keep Me Busy

I've been inspired to make cards recently. I haven't done anything in my art journal in ages; since late September anyway. But for some reason, making cards has just been more interesting for me lately. So here's a few that I've done with minimal explanation. I'm gearing up for a craft show in a couple weeks so they will probably be there. If they don't sell, they may end up in the Etsy store. I'm thinking of adding single cards there. (But seriously, who knows? I can't vouch for anything as I've been so wishy washy on decisions lately.)

 Some wonderful homemade paper that a friend gave to me is the background. I colored the Unity stamp to match.

I had a bunch of mixed-media mop up pages that I decided to cut down to the size of a card front and work with it in a smaller format. I cut this background specifically to use the gears. It has several small drips of yellow so I went with this lightbulb stamp as a focal. I love this one.

I was trying to use up some Christmas paper. This is a gatefold card. I like the subtle stamping I did with a set from Tim Holtz (deer, trees). It matched the vintage feel I was going for.

I just loved the colors on this one! The little lemon #pegstamps I used in the background/sides really allowed this to look cohesive. The middle lemon is from Stampin Up...an older set, "A Happy Thing" I think.

So there's a little of what I've been up to recently. Still have some Christmas projects in mind but no promises!
Thanks for hanging out with me!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts