By the Sea 6 X 6

#artfulevidence (A Facebook group created by Rachel Black. A theme is given every week on Saturdays and creations must only conform in size. All 6 X 6 works are then welcome to be shared in the group by uploading a photo to the proper album. It's just for fun and inspiration!)

Inspiration challenge for this week was Vintage. I have plenty of vintage ephemera so collage was going to be it this week. But sometimes when I collage, I end up without a focus; without a set theme. I usually end up with items with a similar color palette but not really linked any other way. So I tried to change that.

I felt so good about my work for the challenge that I created three others just to use up the scraps. If I must be absolutely honest, I fell in love with the baby blue papers. Once I found a poem that was printed on a postcard about the sea, I knew I had it all together.

Here's the 6 X 6 for the challenge:
Beach Blue:  When I think of Vintage I so often turn to shades of brown and ivory. But I wanted pastel colors...shabby chic. I found this baby blue cardstock in my stash. It was 12 X 12 and I don't keep much of that size anymore. I figured I could make it work. The patterned paper was from an unopened pack of paper I had purchased at a dollar store a few years back. The papers were made for each other. My theme was inspired by the vintage lighthouse and the words from a poem. I cut the poem apart to use little phrases as I saw fit and the postcard they were printed on had two purple seahorses that you'll see in another piece.
Since I had so much fun with this and liked it so much, I decided to just use up those blue papers and make 4 on a similar theme. 

Take a look at the rest of them.


A seashell and sea glass I had in my stash. Perfectly beachy blue.


I also got to use some foreign postage stamps that I has in my stash. I pulled out some of the blue ones.



I'm not really sure why I purchased these little sea charms but they sure worked well here. How could I not have an octopus?!

So there's my non-Halloween work.
Thanks for taking a peek!
-Wy
"Sittin' on the dock of the bay; wasting time."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts