Thursday, October 12, 2017

Day of the Dead Canvas

I couldn't even tell you how long the purple canvas sat there on my table with the skull on it. Maybe a couple years? I think I wanted to do something with it last year at Halloween but time got away from me. Not this year. This year I finished it.

There really isn't too much to tell about this project. I just wanted to finally complete it. I always knew how I wanted it to look but I never got ambitious enough to finish it. The skull design in the center is black glossy embossing paste through a stencil. And it sat like that for a long time.

I finally went through my stash of flowers and I pulled out any bright colored ones that wouldn't clash too much with the purple. I discovered I had enough to use without having to break down and color some of my white ones to match. I stacked the flowers for more dimension but mostly to use them up. I didn't want a lot of that stuff going back into the stash. I stacked the flowers and put a fancy brad through the center.

I stenciled on some green vines with paint for a first layer. I attached my large flowers with matte medium after I had them arranged where I wanted them. Then, I added the smaller roses and finally the rhinestones for a touch of bling.

I really like how this turned out.
And I'm really glad it's finally finished and off my table!

Hope you come back again for more October fun and Halloween projects! Join me every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment