Winter canvas: Flurries?


I was given a challenge/inspiration by my sisters. One sister posted a picture to my FB wall and the other commented that I could certainly make my own. While artists don't like to hear that their work can be easily duplicated, I always consider the challenge in it. I would never be able to duplicate it and no one ever really can. Everyone has differing tastes, styles, and supplies. I certainly didn't have the supplies the artist had used but I did have some motivation to get going.

And a blank canvas.

I wish I could show you the inspiration but without being able to link it to somewhere, namely the artist, I'd rather not. It was shared on FB by the Sizzix company because it used their dies. I couldn't find it in a blog post on their company site, nor could I find the direct link to the artist's blog. So I'll just move along...





Without getting into a whole lot of description, I am very pleased with the result. This canvas was probably one of my favorite background I've done. The soft blues were from Lindy's Starburst sprays and a couple stencils from Joggles. But the process of using my chipboard snowflakes (Creative Embellishments) as masks for the sprays got me really excited about the background. Because the Lindy's spray so fine a mist and the chipboard pieces were so detailed, the white "ghosts" of the snowflakes added an extra layer without anymore work. I will keep this in mind for future projects.

I went with a collage and just pulled out matching blue items from my stash. When I found the Santa, I decided this canvas would be a bit more than just "winter". I hesitate to call it "blue Christmas". I may settle for "Flurries".

Thanks for dropping in for a look!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts