Sick Day

So I got a cold. Runny nose and eyes, coughing...I sound worse than I feel, really.
I'm usually a late sleeper. I'm rarely seen awake before 9AM and that's only if I'm going to work. I usually roll outta bed by 10AM...sometimes later. But this morning, my cold woke me up at 8:15 AM. I can only lie down for so long, it would seem, before my sinuses clog all to hell and I can't breathe. Then, after I'm awake and sitting up, it takes around 45 minutes to actually feel "normal". That means, that I can breathe through my nose, I'm not coughing up a lung, and my eyes have stopped running. (I don't know what's up with the runny eyes...I've never had problems like that before even with past colds. It's just annoying.)

So anyway, with the extra time today, I got to the store early to get my errand done so that I could accomplish something at my craft table. My inspiration seems to be towards card-making and rubber stamps so I stayed with that today. (But I'm sure I'll have a post soon about something I bought this week that I'm itching to try out!)

I made some cards and organized a few things to warm-up. I decided I needed to use some of the scraps and mop-up paper I had accumulated over the past months. So I got this little set of sympathy cards done.



I used a sentiment stamp set from My Favorite Things for the outside and inside greeting. The dragonfly is a Unity Stamp and it's stamped in Pacific Blue ink from Stampin Up. The background paper defies my memory. I made it some time ago by using a stencil like a stamp. This technique allows you to get more bang for your buck as you can spray ink on the stencil and use it as is. THEN, you can mist the remaining ink with a touch of water and flip the stencil to get a monoprint of it just like a stamp. By adding a light mist of water to the ink, you get the ink to move a bit when you print it off and it appears more blended. It also lightens the ink color so it's not so intense.

I fell in love with this one bit of paper and debated on how to use it. I just loved to look at it so it sat unused on my table. I didn't want to junk it up and I didn't want to cover much of it. I didn't even want to mat it with another color of cardstock. This set of cards really is all about the background.

Have a great week and thanks for reading the blog!
-Wy
"For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity." --William Penn

Comments

Popular Posts