The Raven Canvas

I shared this on FB and forgot that I had taken some detail photos to share on the blog! I put it at the right but forgot to post about it.
So here's a Halloween canvas that began as The Red Canvas.

So I decided that the Red Canvas, which also sported some great pumpkin orange, could be transformed into a Halloween canvas. When I pulled out my stash of Halloween stuff, I found a couple collage sheets with Edgar Allan Poe portraits. The Martha Stewart glitter ravens sealed the deal. I just basically scoured my collage stuff and pulled out vintage stuff or black. I thought the black buttons would offset the raven.
 

I had some gauze and put it behind my main image of Poe. The little collage elements were chosen mostly by color.
 

I had a stamp of a Ouija board and loved to use it as a collage element. I found this crochet trim and had recently stocked up at Blitsy on some black buttons.  (Thank goodness for gel medium!)


I had it assembled but something large was still missing. Another search through my 3-D embellishments scored me the metal letters. How fortuitous that I had the letters to spell out Raven! So I added some alcohol ink in black, cranberry, and terra cotta because they were a bright silver color.

I am on the fence about the finished product. I like it but I wonder if it's just a touch..."busy". Had I had the letters earlier in my process, I might not have added so many little embellishments. But I do like it overall. I mean, how can I not? It's Poe and Halloween.

Have a Happy Halloween!
--Wy
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song." --The Nightmare Before Christmas

Comments

Popular Posts