Missing Mojo

I have had the most horrendous time trying to be creative this last month and here it is at the end of the month. I seem to have fallen into one of those "everything I do looks like crap" funks. My conclusion is that I have spent too much time dwelling on what other people might like and less on just making stuff that I think looks cool. So I'm taking a little breather and just focusing on stuff I've committed to and that makes me happy.

That being said; I still haven't a good idea for the next Red Carpet Studio Challenge and that deadline is Saturday night! So I think this Saturday is going to be a PLAY DAY!

Sometimes when I get to this spot, it means I'm just beat...tired...in need of some alone time. Sometimes it means I'm stressed and I'm worried about far reaching things. Nothing crimps your mojo like stress. Sometimes even a play-afternoon doesn't help out and I still feel like I've got nothing accomplished, nothing that looks good, or even a good mistake from which I've learned. Mostly when I reach this point, even my main YouTube inspiration gurus can't help...well, except for one.

I admit that I watch A LOT of YouTube. There's all kind of art and craft inspiration on there. I watch Limor Webber, Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, France Papillon, Aaron from Imperfect Impulses, some others once in a while, and some videos put out by companies like Lindy's Stamp Gang, Lawn Fawn, Faber-Castell, and ImagineCrafts. I've done that for a couple weeks now and I'm still in a rut and feeling like I'll never get up to that level of coolness. But strangely enough, one YouTube subscription is really paying off...Donna Downey.

I've gone back to some of the Inspiration Wednesday videos that I watched religiously when she was filming them. Amazingly, in them, I have discovered some energy; some real "I CAN" attitude. Maybe it's just how she experiments, maybe it's how she sometimes admits that "it's not my favorite page", or maybe it's just how she pushes through the rough spots but whatever it is, it works for me. I'm starting to figure out where my wrong turn was and I'm heading back to Albuquerque.

So I'm cutting back on doing projects for others. I'm doing the stuff that makes me happy. And just maybe the mojo will find it's way back to me.
--Wy
"Do not let your shadow walk you. You are not a slave of the past."  ---Dodinsky

Comments

Popular Posts