Artists Can

I made this card for a challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Challenge #83 calls for use of a Tag!
I love my manila tags. I think they are a size 5; like a shipping tag. I had some laying around from mopping up extra ink and that's how I got the background for both the tag and the card.


???:  I don't have a good title for this card except for it's sentiment. I was inspired by a quote (listed in it's entirety on the Quotables page) that begins, "Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue." So my sky is green! Scraps of paper make the grass and clouds (stamp from Lawn Fawn). My tag, prominently blue as the sky should be, displays stickers I needed to use up from Hot off the Press. (Sorry, I've forgotten what set...some kind of scrapbook Dazzles.)



This card is good reminder for me. Art isn't about replicating the world; it's about creating my vision of it. It's how I view the world. And if some days, the sky feels green, I can make it so.

--Wy

Comments

Popular Posts