Spring Watercolor Card

Ok, so, watercoloring is hot right now...it's trendy. Finally, I'm up with the times. I'm on top of what's hot instead of what's not.


Spring Watercolor:  I just love this image from A Creative Need. I'm not sure if it's the cute little bunny, the bird, or my favorite spring thing; pussywillows. In my area, pussywillows are always the very first "flower" of spring. They come before daffodils, tulips, and sometimes crocuses. I left the image as the sole focus of this card just adding some scraps of a paper pack from Hot off the Press called, appropriately, Nature's Watercolors.


My "watercolors" are actually Distress Markers. I just ran them over my craft sheet where I could pick up the ink with my waterbrush. Then, I just colored in the image. (This is a digi stamp so I could size it however I wanted. This particular card's image was in a 4" square.) Coloring the image in this manner allowed for a softer look and color. As a finishing touch, I added a glittery touch to the pussywillows with a Stardust Gelly roll pen.

Have a great week!
--Wy
"Thoughts, rest your wings. Here is a hollow of silence, a nest of stillness, in which to hatch your dreams."  --Joan Walsh Anglund

Comments

Popular Posts