Anything Goes: RCS Challenge!

 
 
Poe's Pen:  Vintage Halloween Card that measures 6.5" X 5.5".

Materials: 
          *blank brown card from Coredinations
          *collage elements from stash (Poe, "Pen is mightier than sword")
          *patterned paper scraps, brown palette and vintage paper
          *crow stickers from Martha Stewart
          *Crow stamp from Lost Coast Designs
          *leftover scrap of "Distressed" paper (it's what the crow is stamped on)
          *Distress inks: peeled paint, dried marigold, vintage photo

This card is really just a collage of a bunch of scraps I had collected. The Distressed paper was done for some other project and I just dropped some water on it to get the water mark. Crow is stamped in Ranger Archival Black.

I'm a big fan of Edgar Allan Poe and any excuse to use him on a card makes me happy. I debated about putting the word "Nevermore" in the upper right corner but I saw that vintage block in my stash that said "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword". I knew that was what I needed to make this card not so Halloweeny...but just an ode to my favorite author.

--Wy
"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted, Nevermore."
          --Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

Comments

  1. That is so super cool. I love Halloween, it would be perfect for my "dead" room. Thanks for playing at RCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice monochromatic eclectic collection of odds and ends. I can't hardly wait for CC 102 to start. I'll look forward to seeing more from you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts