This is the altered book cover that I made for the Hard Core Cropper's Challenge. Inspirational blog found HERE . I have a hoard of books that are waiting to be altered and this was a great excuse to rip one apart.
A close-up of how I distressed the Coredinations card stock used as the background paper.
I just looked for a book with the right color cover then ripped out the whole set of pages. I used washi tape with stars down the spine. After attaching the background paper, I stamped and embossed, colored, and cut out the round ornaments. I adhered them down and glued down the strands of thread. I added a Merry Chirstmas and some stars (also Coredinations cardstock) to fill it out. Now it's ready for pages which I envision to be pockets that will hold Christmas recipes, lists, and reminders.
Very happy with this project! It was great fun!