Wavin Whale: Lawn Fawn

So I went ahead and made the card I mentioned in a previous post.



The stamps are called Critters Under the Sea. They are SOOOOO cute! I went a bit darker with the blue alcohol ink and made the whole (well, almost) front of the card out of the acetate.
All stamps were colored in with Distress Markers.



On the inside of the card (which is the glossy side of glossy cardstock BTW), I added Distress Broken China and Peeled Paint via an applicator. Then, I stamped in StazOn and colored the images.

Materials:
Glossy card, folded with glossy side in
clear acetate
Lawn Fawn clear stamps: Critters Under the Sea
Distress Markers
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Stream, Sailboat blue
Adirondack Blending Solution (for alcohol ink)
Distress Ink Pads: Broken China, Peeled Paint (with applicator)
Archival Black Ink pad (Ranger)
StazOn Jet Black Ink pad
adhesive
 
I folded my card backward. Which is to say, glossy cardstock has a glossy side and a matte side. I foled the glossy side in because the Distress Inks blend alittle better for me that way. I stamped the little wave stamp across the top of my card as a border then cut off the card at that line. I took a peice of acetate a bit bigger than my card and stained it with alcohol ink swirling the two colors together with a bit of blending solution. Once I had the swirls and color I wanted, I let it dry. (It takes a minute, tops.) I attached the acetate to the back side of the border on the front of the card with the inked surface up. (Because after it dries it can seem a bit tacky and I didn't want it to stick to the inside of my card.) I stamped the whale and seahorse on to scrap glossy cardstock, colored and cut them out. I stamped the sentiment on scrap cardstock and layered with other colored cardstock scraps.
I used an applicator to apply the Broken China and Peeled Paint to the inside of the card. I also cut a piece of glossy cardstock to fit across the front border on the inside of the card. (this is easily cut from the card front you took off earlier. Just measure the width you need.) I inked that to match the inside of the card and stamped the small fish and bubbles. I stamped the inside of the card with bubbles, a seahorse, and a school of big and little fish. Then, I colored them with markers.
After the inside was complete, I closed the card to place the whale somewhat over the school of fish to conceal them. Then, placed the seahorse to look like the bubbles where from him. Finally, I stamped the spray above the whale and attached my sentiment. I adhered all these elements with double stick tape.
 
I think I'll keep working with these Lawn Fawn stamps. They make me happy.
Wy
"Everything's hotter under the water..."   Under the Sea, song from The Little Mermaid by Disney


Comments

  1. This is AMAAAAAZING! I am so going to CASE this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts