6 X 6 (10)

Wow, another set of pages to share! Now I'm catching up to real-time, though, so it will be another month or so for the next set of pages. This is for the Rachel Black challenge group found on Facebook or check out her YouTube channel for visual inspiration.

#artfulevidence



Week 33: Autumn: Happy Fall.  I hadn't made much with leaves this year so I did so with this theme. The stamps are from Unity Stamps (Autumn Grunge) and I heat embossed them over a painted background to create a resist. I covered the page with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and wiped the embossed areas clean. The Happy Fall sentiment is heat embossed in gold and the border is simply gold metallic marker lines.



Week 34: Steampunk: Imagined Life.  The quote at the top of the page is from Thoreau, "Live the life you have imagined." This page began with my desire to use up some background papers I had made but could find no use for. I decided to cut some down to 6X6 so I would have a background ready to go for future challenges. I liked the unusual colors of this one for the Steampunk theme as well as the teal shimmer under the magenta color, (You can see it clearly in the last photo.) The vintage woman is a stamp and her wings are chipboard embossed with Patina embossing powder by Ranger. In the photos, it reads very copper but it has a great teal color to it as well that brings out the background shimmer. I managed to use up a sheet of stickers with the other elements.



Week 35: Halloween: Godzilla vs. Kong. I made this for a challenge at Lost Coast Designs. (Kong and Godzilla stamps are from their company, Carmen's Veranda) Again the background was premade and since I was in the midst of my HUGE Halloween blog month, I wanted to do something different for this theme...not the usual. When I think of Halloween, my first thought always goes to trick-or-treating so when I saw the unused stamps of Kong and Godzilla, I knew I could make that work. Maybe this is why the big kaiju monsters fight?...because one of them doesn't know that at Halloween it's all about the chocolate. I added the skull decoration to Kong's door for his homeland of Skull Island. Now that these stamps have been inked up, I'll be using them for other things, too.



Week 36: Diamonds: Cup of Care.  Another background that was done previously but I added the diamonds to the back to fit the theme. All I knew when I started was that I wanted to use a snarky caption as well as a woman's face. I was going to make her hair out of flowers but I had a scrap piece of paper that had this diamond like design on it and I wanted more diamonds on the page. So I cut out each diamond and made a head piece for her.

So I'm all caught up! Hopefully, I'll have some Christmas projects and cards to share soon. My Etsy shop will be having a sale around Thanksgiving time if you're looking for any gift card sets for special people on your list this year. I'm hoping to have another special item posted for that time as well! Ssshhh, it's a surprise!
-Wy
Follow me on my Facebook page for all the announcements. I'm also at Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts