TBTH: January 29, 2015

Here's my Throwback Thursday Post.

Go take a look at it if you want more info on how it was done and some close up shots.

This is the finished result:


What I found so fascinating about this page is that I made the background with ink pads. I used Colorbox ink pads in the three primary colors to create the rainbow. Because the Colorbox pads are pigment ink and the pads are foam and squishy, they can easily go through a stencil without any other applicator.

I always try to make sure I have a set of primary colors in the media that I like. If I'm trying out a new media, I'll get red, yellow, and blue with which to experiment. If those colors work out, I may expand into other colors that aren't easy to mix. This is why orange is always last on my list of colors to add to my "collections". Orange is a color that is easily mixed...so is purple really. It's green that I can never really match. If I don't mix enough of a green, then I'm hard pressed to get the same shade again. But orange and purple aren't so tough. Hmphf...go figure.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the time machine today. You don't have to wait for a Throwback Thursday, you can explore the blog and all it's past posts. Or search by the label, there are some suggestions on the right.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts