Mop Up and String

A few more journal pages.

 Fierce: This background was a mop-up page and I didn't know where to start. So I took a note from a different page I had finished. I just put down a singular focal and didn't worry about the background. See my problem with these mop-up pages is that I think I have to do more to the background to make it more cohesive. Or they seem too busy to put anything over the top. So I rather like this way of dealing with this type of page. I particularly like how the painted outline looks like a looming shadow.
It was hard to get a good photo of the swords in her hands as they are metallic stickers and just reflected all the light.



I didn't intend the lettering to be anything special but it really looks like someone finger painted it on there like you would war paint.



Pyramid at Night:  I was having a hard time deciding whether this one was finished. I feel like it is. Again another mop up page background.


String Theory:   I decided to try that string technique I keep seeing on Facebook. You dip a string into paint, lay it between two pieces of paper, and pull. I was skeptical about the results but it really didn't turn out too bad. I thought it was a good way to use my acrylic inks that I haven't been playing with recently. Decided to go abstract on this page.





These last two photos are the opposite page. It hadn't occurred to me that the opposite page would be painted as well. (Like DUH. I may have been having a hot flash at the time.) Not sure what I'll end up doing with this page but just wanted to show you how the string technique looked all on it's own.

Just a note that the blog may slow down a bit over the next month or so. I have compiled a list of Halloween projects that I want to start working on and I'm pretty sure not much else will get done. But keep checking in, I'll be sharing any non-Halloween stuff as it gets accomplished. And next week with be a few more 6X6.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts