Throwback Thursday: Feb. 18, 2014

Here's the old post: Feb. 18, 2014

What is so intriguing about this old post is that I have absolutely no idea where these altered cards ended up. I'm not sure if I still have them, if I used them on a project, if they were given away, if they were trashed...




I'm not really sure why I stopped making these cards. Maybe I hit a block and couldn't come up with more ideas. Maybe I was stuck with what I'd do with them. (Not that practicality has ever stopped me.) It is certainly a great way to use up little bits and pieces.

The odd thing about selecting this post is that I was just playing with alcohol inks yesterday. I had bought a few of the new colors from Ranger and decided to swatch out my collection. I tried them out using a straw, canned air, and two kinds of Yupo paper. I made...nothing. I was just playing around with them. I finally just tried some techniques I have seen to see what results I can get. Some were good, some were ugly. But the point is that I played. This playing has sparked a new interest and perhaps enough motivation to use up the inks I have. (or at least use enough that I don't feel like I've wasted money on supplies I'll never use) I'm fairly certain that I won't be investing in alcohol inks any more.

So this Throwback Thursday has reminded me to get back to making altered playing cards and to use up my alcohol ink stash. Not bad for a play date.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts