TBTH: Monday February 27, 2012

What's so significant about this date?

Um...nothing.

But it is a Throwback Thursday! So I looked up the oldest post on the blog where I had shared a journal page. The very beginning of my art journaling obsession so to speak.

This was THE POST.

This was the photo.


It's kinda neat to look back into where I began all this. I've been in the mood to "spring clean"...you know, the need to purge the clutter of everyday life. I saw my stash of past art journals and almost began to page through them. I didn't as I needed to have the feeling of a completed project under my belt. But the next time I stare at a page too long, those babies are coming off the shelf for some fun!

I was also staggered by the fact that I started this in 2012. I really didn't feel I had been at it that long. But a whole 5 years has elapsed since that post. I hope that means that I love it so much that time stands still. If I had to tell someone how long I'd been art journaling, I would have said "a couple years"...but 5?! Wow, I didn't know.

I also admit that I don't think I'm much good company if I don't art journal. I enjoy the time spent choosing colors, stencils, media, and words/quotes. It had led me into other "hard core" art things like acrylic paint, and canvas' of all sizes. It has allowed me to play and to experiment. It has taught me what I like and what I don't like. It has clarified my definitions. It has excited me.

So I think for this Throwback Thursday, I have re-discovered my enjoyment for art journaling. I am grateful for the lessons it has taught me. I am grateful for those artists who have shared their knowledge with the internet so that people like me can learn new things and nurture our creative sides. 

In a world where reality is slowly closing in on all facets of life, it's important to have a place of peace and quiet; a place of creativity and imagination; a place without technology; a place that we make for ourselves. For me, that is my art journal.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts