6 X 6 (2)

These are more 6 X 6 art pages inspired by the Rachel Black challenge group, Artful Evidence. #artfulevidence.



Week 4: Tea or Coffee: Almost Coffee.  I rather dreaded this one. It was watercolors and sketching. But despite being outside my comfort zone, I plunged in there and like the results. Even though, it wasn't my cup of tea, technically it's my cup of cocoa, and it works for me. :)



Week 5: Drips and Splatters: Be Your Art.  Nothing I like to do more in my art than splatter paint around the background. I can never get drips to come out the way I like but for interest I added copper paint in over the black. It helped. I loved the background colors too much to do anything else.



Week 6: Spring: Robin Returns.   I made a couple "mistakes" on this one but they are so minor that I only mention them in case it's helpful to someone else. I wanted a soft colored background but the paint I used came out very bright. I was trying to mimic the colors used by Rachel but my watered down versions weren't sticking well. Anyway, to fix the problem I just went over the background with a coat of gesso. I rather like the "white washed" feel it gives the piece. I also, went a bit too far with the texture paste...the little dots. Despite these things, I very much love this page.



Week 7: Tags Mimic.  Rachel's example was so up my alley that I decided to replicate it as close as possible. I came pretty damn close. I just love the pop of hot pink against the green. And that black and white contrast...swoon! Seriously, I love the way ink colors pop on this watercolor paper!

If you'd like to see some more inspiration, join the Facebook group, Artful Evidence. Or search by the hashtag, #artfulevidence. You can also find Rachel's videos on her YouTube channel. She does many more videos than just the challenge. (I only mention it in case you'd like to see more inspiration. I don't get anything out of it.)

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts