Art Journal Adventure: October 2017

Back to the Art Journal grind!

I'm playing catch up with the journals and it will once again be a struggle to finish them by the end of the year. But the Adventure continues with the prompts from October.


Week 40: Triangles: Triangulation:  I decided that easy and simple would be the way to go on this one. I just love maps.



Week 41: Halloween: Halloscream:  As you recall from October, I was trying to use up old scrapbook paper. A task that was ultimately unsuccessful. However, I did find some great colors that were "non traditional" for the season. So I made a layout with it. Love this page.


Week 42: Puzzled: Flowers:  I thought about puzzles and then games and then puzzle pieces. Nothing was really interesting to me visually. When I opened my journal, I realized that this page and the next already had black paint on it. This one was the large dots. How was I gonna get puzzle pieces out of that? But then, I realized that the mechanism of a puzzle is interlocking pieces. Everything fits in just right. So I decided to make flowers out of the dots and fit them around each other.

It also gave me the opportunity to practice with my mermaid markers. I think that's why I love this page so much. The colors blend so well and came out so wonderfully. It was great practice. I may recreate this again!


Week 43: Outward from the Center: Don't Do It:  I started with a black painted page. All I knew was that I wanted a spiral. So I broke out the Moonlight gel pens and doodled one in. I figured this to be a take on Alice in Wonderland so I pulled out a Dylusions die cut that reminded me of Alice. The words, "Don't do it", were placed on there mainly to tell me to leave the girl blank. I flip-flopped so many times on whether I should color her in but decided I liked the contrast better than adding more colors.


Week 44: Eye: Eyes in the Sky:  By the time I got around to this prompt, it was late November and Joggles had an amazing sale on Dinky Stencils. This Eye was one that intrigued me. After I received it, I took a closer look at it. It reminded me of clouds so I put them in the sky. I then figured if they cried, it would rain. I honestly like this page for the color, the simplicity and naturally, all the eyes.

I also used a new paint that came in my order. A glamour dust paint, I think it's called. It made great rain when used through another stencil.

So those are the good, bad, and ugly for October. Hope to have November finished up soon. Just one more page to go!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts