Art Journal Adventure: September 2017

Whew, October is over. That was fast and furious, fun and funky!

But now back to our regular blog programming.

Here's the Art Journal Adventure pages for September.


Week 36: Wing It:  What can I say, I wanted to play with paint. The little joggles birds just matched my colors so well. I also wanted to try out the spray ink over paint again. I have a hard time getting that just right. Simple but effective.


Week 37: Trash to Treasure: Ode to Inspirations.  I have kept packaging from products that I use thinking I can use it eventually. Guess what? I was right! The black packaging of the Joggles stencils, the bright colors of the Dylusions journals, even the photo of Donna Downey on her stencil packing. The Dina Wakley tag from her product line. The black and the bright colors was really my vibe. So here's to my inspirations. Even a little Tim Holtz thrown in...it's the quote.



Week 38 & 39: Abundance and Changing Seasons:  Leafy.  I combined these two weeks as it was peak leaf peeping season here in Northern NY. The leaves are all cut from scrap paper using a stencil. The background was almost too luscious to cover up. I love the color Pure Sunshine in the Dylusions line and I just invested in pot of paint. It's just extraordinary. (Even better when coupled with the brand new vanilla custard color.)

Again I was practicing inking through a stencil on top of paint. I used a Lindy's spray here. I outlined the leaves with some sketchy lines. Those sticker letters have been in my Mom's stash forever. But I like the look of them here.

On to the next!
I actually may be more caught up in this journal than my Inspiration Wednesday journal.
Damn, why does it take modeling paste forever to dry?

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts