Lindy's Challenge: Mystery Lady




Every month at Lindy's Gang, they host a new challenge on the blog. The above color palette is for the month of October. Just click that link and you can find all the information about joining in this month. And check out the Facebook group for the particulars and to upload your projects!

I made an Art Journal page.

Mystery Lady:  I used Lindy's products in the background and on the flower in the corner. I used both Hag's Wart Orange Magical and Freaky Frankenlime Magical powders. Both are from the Halloween set of magical powders. These powders are a pigmented powder with shimmer in it. I used them as a powder. I dropped the dry powder onto spots on my paper then spritzed them with water. Once I had them wet, I added Black Orchid Silver Starburst Spray to swirl them around the page some. I used this color more as the gray of the color palette as it isn't dark enough to me to be a true black. It also has a slightly purpley hue to it which makes it a very nice choice for a mysterious layout. You can really see the great effect of the magical powder at the top of the page. You can see the deep color of the pigment that wasn't too wet as well as specks of blue and yellow which are the components of the powder. That same separation of color can be seen on the flower which I colored with Hag's Wart Orange. There was a variety of red and yellow in this powder which lent for an assortment of light and dark hues.


I used papers from the Graphic 45 collection, Master Detective, to arrange a nice collage. This image of the lady holding a skull had such a perfect blending of my background colors that I made it my focal image. The rest of the collage are various papers from the set cut up to support the focal.
I added little orange rhinestones for a pop of orange to balance it out. I really wanted to make this page in order to preserve some of my favorite papers from this collection without hoarding them. (Oh, don't worry, I still have a hoard of them. But I'm trying to use them so I can enjoy them rather than just leaving them stuck in a pile where I never see them.)


You can also find Lindy's Challenge on the Facebook Group where you can see many wonderful creations inspired by this month's color palette. I forgot the extra assignment which was to add embossing. I'll have to remember the little extras next time.

Thanks for checking out my post.
If you're crazy for Halloween, like me, check out my many posts from this month. For the month of October, I'm posting a new project every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday!
So I'll see you back here tomorrow for another new project!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts