Art Journal Adventure: April 2017

I'm so behind but I'm not sweating it. I only ever sweat it when I start thinking that I haven't posted here in a while...and surprise! I guess I should have been sweating it! I haven't made a post in May yet. Well, here I am!

I admit that this is not a complete month. I am still working on the last week of April. I have a good start on it but it's not finished. I'll be tacking that onto next month's post with just a little preview here.

So...this is the Art Journal Adventure Journal inspired by weekly prompts over at the Joggles Blog or check out the Facebook Group where people share their work.

Week 14: Use strong vertical and horizontal elements: Science Shelf. I immediately thought of a grid and knew I had graph paper lying around the stash. Because that always reminds me of science class, I went with that. I wanted neon colors to pop off the background because I'm a child of the 80's. The image is from a Tim Holtz set.


Week 15: Feature round or curvy elements: Mandalas. I love the look of mandalas but have never really been able to do them well. I decided to use this prompt to practice. And to make sure I did it and didn't cop out, I decided to use Moonlight gel pens on black. I wanted to test out the new Sakura pens I got and was super excited with how they looked. I still need some practice and some more ideas for designs but this page left me with the urge to do more. (by the way, in case I hadn't mentioned it before, I highly recommend Dylusions Black Marble paint. That's what the black background is. You apply it over the page in a single coat and it dries so well that you wouldn't even know the page had been painted. Honestly, I can't live without it. The other colors...hey whatever...but the black...man, that's the ticket!)



Week 16: Just say No to the blank page:  Something Fishy. I was dying to use my new Tim Holtz, Sea Life stamps just to see how they looked. The graph paper was still hanging around so I went with that for my background start. I had the intention of covering up most of it with paint but realized the stamping wouldn't show up very well. There was no way I was going to fussy cut out that octopus! Went with drippage instead. I kinda like the messy coloring of the fish.
 


Sneak Peek of Week 17: Use a hand shape.
This page is CLOSE to being done but I just couldn't pull it out today. My hand shape is a hamsa hand rubber stamp that I carved ages ago. I like it because it is ZenDoodle-ish and it has the "eye" shape in the palm. That blue stuff is the blue glimmer of a Lindy's Spray. (Probably my favorite color in the line!) Anyway, I'll finish this off and show you the completed page next month.

Hoping to get May underway soon! I haven't had much time to just relax into the journals. But I feel rather accomplished today. I'm feeling like I've finished some stuff up and with this post, that I'm moving forward.

Later,
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts