Inspiration Journal: Part 6

I admit to neglecting the blog for a bit. But honestly, I've had few things to share...at least, things I was willing to photograph.

But I have done a few more layouts in my Inspiration Wednesday Art Journal. Inspiration provided via Donna Downey.


Washi:  This layout is all washi tape. I had fun with it. I really love the teal. The insert is a found "poem" from a torn page from an Edgar Allan Poe story.
"A Predicament. I was not sorry my body made its way into the middle of the street. My feelings were mysterious, perplexing. I imagined the body was the proper identity but, upon getting it, my peculiar deficiency made me astonished at my circumstance. While I ran along the main building, the loss of independence was not only irritating but was also inconvenient. However, I was forced to blink the other eye. In truth, I was very glad to get rid of a little bit of skin. My sensations felt disagreeable."



Flower Can:  I can't decide whether I like this or not. I like the left side better than the right. I'm not sure what happened here. My flowers seem very stiff. I think the yellow might have been too bright or I just don't have enough blending. The black splatter helped me "stop".




Magic...Ugh:  I had great aspirations with this layout but it just came out ugly. I laid down alphabet stickers then gessoed over them. Then, added paint. The paint seemed a bit bright so I thought maybe another light coat of gesso. I think thats where it went wrong. By this time, the texture of the letters was kinda lost and when I glazed with raw umber, it didn't have much to catch on to. I decided to just leave it and learn from the mistake. I should have went with my gut...raw umber wasn't the color.


#236:  This layout came out the way I wanted it, despite my reservations. My numbers got a little lost in the background but I don't even mind. For me, the circuit board pattern was where this spread was at. I truly like that pattern at the bottom. I'm going to remember that for future projects.


Thanks for taking a look-see. Inspiration Wednesdays continue on in 2017 and I'm all signed up. I hope to be a bit more diligent about it next year!
-Wy
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."  --Leonard Cohen (RIP)

Comments

Popular Posts