Followers

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103: Day One (cont)

Almost forgot to share my other card fronts from techniques I learned in Creative Chemistry 103.


These card fronts combine another two techniques: DIY Ombre Inkpad and Washed Watercolor. I admit that I've been itching to do the Washed Watercolor since I got my Distress Glaze but just never got around to it. Then, well...you know the story...supply gets "lost" on the craft table then gets "put away" and it's out of sight, out of mind. The leaf is from Unity Stamps (the Autumn Grunge set) and works very well for watercolor techniques.

I created the Ombre Inkpad with a Kaleidacolor blank stamp pad. I've had this thing for years and decided to try it out with Distress inks. It works. This ink pad is one that has a slider that pushes the inks together when you use it, and then pulls them apart for storage. Like the photo below.

So I picked these five Distress colors and made a Falling for Distress Palette: Seedless Preserves, Dried Marigold, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw, and Fossilized Amber. My leaf stamp wasn't big enough to hold all five colors but I did like just a touch of that purple on the edge, rather than double the golden colors on the other end.

I used my Distress Stains (dauber tops) for the color around the outside. I used: Barn Door, Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon, and Fossilized Amber. I really like how these colors blended into each other.

These fronts aren't finished either. I'll definitely add some brown around the edges to tone down the ORANGE and no doubt stamp a sentiment beneath the leaf. Really like these results today.

-Wy

No comments:

Post a Comment