Art Journal Adventure: Part 5

Dylusions Small Journal
Inspiration from Barb at Joggles.
Supplies from a lot of places but also Joggles.

My next set of pages (that I'm willing to share) starting with Week 25.
Small Beginnings:  Week 25 had the prompt of using fantasy colors with everyday images. While the example was of stamped images colored in with ink, I went a different route. I used a collage page (from Joggles) that had these adorable birds. I used them because the background color was dark but sooooo rich. It's a mix of a deep red and black...mixed to mimic the Dylusions color of Pomegranate.
Overall, I like the page but its the background that I truly love about this spread.

Featherless Wings:   Week 26: Use Stripes.  This one started with the ripped paper...that busy pink paper. It was watercolor paper that had been my stencil-cleaner, mop-up paper for too long. I used the turquoise color in that paper to choose my "background" colors. Knowing I was going to cover most of it and I needed it to be subtle in pattern, allowed me to just have some fun with ink. Just added a dragonfly as I felt the pages needed green. Sorry the photo is so crappy...I could not get a good angle without glare. Everything is collaged down with ModPodge and it makes for difficult photo shoots. (I'm considering making a light-box and investing in a few more small lamps for taking pics.)

I used Izinks on the words and dragonfly to give them glimmer.

Remember Dallas:  Week 27: Use Stars. So this week was around July 4th and since the week before had been stripes...you get it. Anyway, I was thinking of doing another night sky or something with ink but then Dallas happened. That just changed my page. Black stars on the red, white, and blue. Black paint framed the edge. This page brings the Journal to my art journal.


I've got a few more pages to do but I never stay "caught up" in this journal. I'm stuck on a week, too. I'm not sure if I lack inspiration or am hesitant to leave my comfort zone. I'm not quite sure what I'm afraid of...it can't get worse than the page I did a month or so ago...ugh. I still cringe when I look at it in my journal. It's a good thing I've already done the back of it or I might have torn it out.

I have a "thing" about tearing out pages. No matter how bad, I think they should stay there...it's a part of the story the journal tells. It's like ripping out a page in the middle of a classic novel. I like to leave those cringe-worthy pages intact. It's a good reminder that I don't make good stuff all the time but I do make stuff...that's the important part. Stay in motion.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts