Summer of Creative Chemistry: Week 1

Made some tags as card fronts using Distress Inks and techniques.
I like them both and can't decide which ones I like better! Rainbows or Robots!


The challenge of Week 1 was to use 4 or more colors of Distress Ink on a project. The techniques of class on Day 2 are some of my favorites.
Blended Spritz and Flick: I used Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Lucky Clover, Mermaid Lagoon, and Wilted Violet. On two tags, I flicked regular water and on the other two, I flicked water mixed with Perfect Pearls. The two tags above show the difference between edging one with Vintage Photo and leaving it alone. Really like the edging better.

I stamped some small sentiments on these and will make a set of cards with them.


Wrinkle Free Distress:  (My all-time favorite technique ever learned! And it's why I continue to buy Distress Inks!) I used Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Pumice Stone, and Hickory Smoke to create the background. I just love my robot blueprint stamps but never use them enough. The background ended up with hints of green so I colored my robots with Distress Markers in Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers. Edging done with Walnut Stain.

I'm very pleased with my work so far...I could do this stuff forever!
-Wy

Comments

  1. Even though I not normally a person who is crazy about robots I love this.

    Diana
    MontanaHens - Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags - you actually made a robot look cool!!
    On a side note, we almost moved to Potsdam several years ago for my husbands job until he got re-routed. I was SO looking forward to it - seemed like such a lovely town.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts