Large Journal: Part 2

Moving ahead in the Large Journal. I find that I feel pretty good when working in this one. While some pages stump me for a while, I feel no pressure to "get 'em done". (not that pressure or deadlines are a bad thing to me...I like to work that way, too. Sometimes working within limits, whether it's time or supplies, can be very inspiring.)
So here's a few more pages:
The Butterfly Effect:  I put down this background paper and left it for a few weeks, trying to think of what to do to it. I decided that I just liked it and didn't want to mess it up. So I added butterflies. (I find I pair butterflies and the concept of Time quite a bit.) Background paper by Hot off the Press, butterflies from Joggles (collage sheet). 

Face in the Wall: Just pulled out magazine cut-outs. (Ugh! I have so many!) I added the "tattoos" to her face just as an experiment. Turns out, I like them a lot...just wish I had done a bit better "doodling" job!
Savor the Dark:   Couldn't get a really good photo of this page, sorry. It's pretty basic. I had this background paper leftover from a spread in a smaller journal. (Inspiration Wednesday Journal.) The words are from a Ghiradelli magazine ad and I added small dots of acrylic ink to resemble fireflies.


July 4, 1776:   I admit that outside of Halloween the Independence Day holiday is my favorite. (Ok, maybe it ties with Christmas.) The traditional color palette makes me swoon so naturally, I have to do a patriotic layout in just about every journal. Mostly collage elements and added in some old photos of strangers. But those old black and white photos, just reminded me of "Americana"...people getting together for some occasion of another.


 Another great excuse to search through my ephemera "piles" and put some stuff to use!

Have a great day!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts