Art Journal Adventure Part 2

Remember that sneak peek?
I finished the page for my Art Journal Adventure. (See THIS POST for the beginning details.)


Week 13: Stuff a Mushroom:  This is the completed page from the sneak peek. This week's theme was to illustrate a quote. I decided to go to the old tried and true method of making a really busy background and then just blacking out most of it. I used Dylusions spray inks and paint. I stamped, colored, and cut-out the mushrooms then just attached in a window. My quote, "Life is too short to stuff a mushroom." Not a big fan of my own writing on this one but hey, I like the mushrooms!

Week 14: ????:  This weeks idea was to use deli paper in the layout. I don't use deli paper so I just substituted scrapbook paper of which I have a never-ending supply. I used gesso and Dylusions paint on the background to cover up a splattery mess on the pages. I wanted something very soft...and oops...too much Bubblegum Pink! I tried to add some copper acrylic ink over it but it didn't seem to dull it...AT ALL. Ah, well, I added the paper anyway but now am totally stuck for an idea. Every time I look at it, I see that scene in Star Wars where Obi-Wan battles Anakin with all that lava. Sigh....this might end up being my geeky indulgence.

And here's a sneak peek at the Week 15 page, which is coming along so much better that the above pages.
Week 15 was all about Funky Flowers. I didn't really want to use stamps as I can draw flowers pretty well. I also got some practice this week as I had to sit in a waiting room for 3 hours...guess what I drew? Yuppers, all kinds of flowers. All this spread needs is a few more doodles and then coloring.

I was thinking I was pretty caught up in this journal but then realized that tomorrow is Monday which means a new AJA over at Joggles! I'm gonna try to catch up tomorrow.
Have a great week!
--Wy
"This is what it sounds like when doves cry."  ---Prince, RIP

Comments

Popular Posts