April Distress Color: Did I get one right?



If you'd like to see my whole post on my predictions for the new colors that will be added this year into the Distress Ink line by Ranger, go HERE.

So far these colors have been released:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads

These colors are Cracked Pistachio (January), Abandoned Coral (February), and Mermaid Lagoon (March).

I started my predictions in mid-February after Abandoned Coral came out. The newest Distress Color was just announced for April and I think I called it.
The newest Distress color is Fossilized Amber:
In my February post, I predicted at #9: School Bus. Here's what I wrote:
"I have no better way to describe the yellow-orange color I think this line needs than "school bus". It is a unique color certainly. It would bridge a gap for those looking to smoothly blend the markers of Marmalade and Mustard. It might make a good transitional color between Mustard and Honey and from the yellows into the browns."

Fossilized Amber is described as a grungy yellow; a yellow with a brown undertone that almost makes it "muddy".

I think I got this one right...and so did Tim Holtz and Ranger. The Distress line really needed this color and I'm anxious to have it in my marker collection! (I'm also anxious to get Cracked Pistachio. I bought the stain and do really like it's soft color!) I'm seeing some pretty yellow wildflowers and sunflowers in my future coloring.

So far I've got one wrong (Mermaid Lagoon really through me for a loop.) and I got this one right. Only 8 more to go!
How many do you think I'll get right? What do you think the next Distress colors will be? Let me know in the comments. I love talking colors!
--Wy
"Star light, star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight."

Comments

Popular Posts