Red Carpet Studios Challenge #93: Public Enemies

Time for new month of Challenges over at Red Carpet Studios! Be sure to visit our challenge blog and link up your paper project to be entered to win a fabulous prize.

This week's movie is: Public Enemies.
 

 The Challenge:  Use a Distress Technique in your project.

Our Sponsor for the month of March is:

You could win a $15 gift certificate! www.myscrapsandmore.com

Okay so here's my card:


 Vintage Besties:  I wasn't sure what kind of greeting would be appropriate for this card so I just left it blank, inside and out. I really like a vintage look and I have so much paper that relays it that I just started there. This is just a lot of scraps with an impressive embellishment. (If I do say so myself!)

 

I made this little cameo embellishment. My mom bought me a little stamp set at JoAnn's from the clearance bin. It had an oval and two female silhouettes. I stamped them in black Archival Ink (Ranger) and then colored the back ground with Distress marker (Dried Marigold, also Ranger). It looked good but it needed more. I added a ring of Distress marker, Rusty Hinge around the outside then added on my pearls. I cut it out and added Glossy Accents (Ranger) to cover the middle. (So it looks like an epoxy covering.) I love the way it turned out!

 

 I may have cheated just a little on the challenge. The only "distress technique" I used was to ink the edges of the card and the "photo" with Walnut stain Distress ink.

But this card is a definate stepping stone for me. I can play with the papers and add more embellishment and make several versions of this card in a jiffy!

Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to visit Red Carpet Studios to see more great projects!
-Wy
"Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days."     ---"Those were the Days", Theme from "All in the Family"

Comments

  1. I really love your vintage card...what a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts