Made this card for my sister's birthday! She loves fresh strawberries so I used that for my background stamp! I'm entering this in the Lawnscaping Challenge #81.
Berry Sweet: One of my favorite stamp sets from Lawn Fawn is Summertime Charm. LOVE the mason jar! But all the cute little things that come in the set are great to use for backgrounds, too. So here are the details.
1. I used a standard size A2 white cardstock card and stamped the mason jar with Black Archival ink (Ranger).
2. I masked off the jar then stamped the strawberries in the background.
3. I lifted the mask off and colored in the strawberries with Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn Distress markers (Ranger).
4. I stamped the label and lace from the set onto the mason jar. I added the strawberry to the label and colored it as the others.
5. I colored the top of the jar with Rusty Hinge Distress Marker (Ranger).
6. I colored the jar with a watercolor technique. I scribbled Festive Berries marker onto my acetate block (that I use for stamping) and picked up the color with my waterbrush. Then, I applied it the card trying to keep the darker color toward the edges.
7. I added a touch of a lace doily and a strip of Lawn Fawn paper from Daphne's Closet.
8. On the inside (not pictured), I wrote something like, "to a berry sweet sister".
I was really happy with the watercoloring as I wasn't sure the color would be what I wanted. I knew I didn't want it as dark as the berries but I didn't really want it too pink. Distress Markers really hold the color well even with lots of water added!
Happy Birthday, Sis!