Creative Chemistry: Finished Cards

So I did manage to finish up a few cards based on stuff I learned in Creative Chemistry 102 with Tim Holtz. You can still take this class at your own pace at http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/
You just have to complete 101 first! Totally worth it!




Chemistry Card:  I knew when I saw the Shattered Glass technique I had to do a few little bottles to see how they'd turn out. I loved them so much I colored them Halloween colors with alcohol ink and put them on my very fitting Chemistry card. (I LOVE this set from Tim!) I tried to smudge the background but apparently I forgot the technique because it didn't work. Not that it matters, it's really just to show off the bottles! They are attached to the card with glue dots as I wasn't sure if I wanted the permanent application of glossy accents. Check out the close up!






Happy Day Card: I managed to use my favorite tag and technique on this card. I took the stamping through stencils technique a bit further by using it to create the reverse background on this card.


 
I used an ink monoprint of the stencil to create the vines in the background and after it dried, I placed the dry stencil back over it. I lined it up and stamped with blue. The flower accents are fragments stamped on the back and then colored with alcohol ink.
 
 
 


Ombre Thank You:  I used my tag from the first day which had a paint resist on it and a piece of the ombre look I created on day 4 with alcohol ink. I colored most everything with Distress inks.




I had a great time learning new stuff and I still have plenty of techniques yet to try. I'm set for the winter!

Have a great weekend!
--Wy
"I was only killing time and it'll kill you right back." --Meatloaf, "Out of the frying pan"

Comments

  1. Beautiful cards! Did you say that the chemistry stamp you used on the first card is a Tim stamp???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those stamps are from his Labortory set (I think that's the name). The lettering is a different set from Hot off the Press called Artful Alphabet. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts