Hard Core Cropping! Coredinations Leaf Challenge

When I saw this listed, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Folding cardstock didn't seem like an easy way to make a leaf. And how to tie in the holiday theme?
Well, was I mistaken. The leaf is super easy to fold, even with cardstock, and once I saw what it looked like, I thought of doing holly or a Holiday Wreath.

So here's a Christmas Card I made with my folded leaves:


I used a Coredinations card for the base and sanded the edges and a bit of the middle to make it look well used. I folded the leaves in two different Coredinations greens and cut out the berries from a Coredinations red. (I sanded the leaves a bit, too.) I used a template from Paperwishes.com to cut the lt brown Coredinations label in the center. I stamped and embossed Merry Christmas then adhered it to the card. I glued down the leaves and berries with Elmers glue and kept them flattened under a dictionary until they seemed somewhat attached.

I like the brown card base with this layout. It looks very vintage to me. And if I hadn't been rushing to get this done, I might have tried to add another layer of interest in the background. I still like it and am sure I'll be using this leaf folding technique in the future. (In fact, my original idea of making a wreath with them may come to pass before the holiday!) Yup, it's a keeper!

--Wy
"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas; it's the best time of the year." --Burl Ives, song "Holly Jolly Christmas"

Comments

Popular Posts