Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lawn Fawn Challenge (My splurge!)

Front of card: Stormy Skies

Inside of card: Sunny Skies


Whole card with backlight


I have seen many youtube videos from Lawn Fawn and have fallen in love with their cute little stamps! I have been wanting to purchase a set or two and finally last week, I splurged! I saw their blog post about submitting entries for photos to be in their new catalog and have a card displayed at CHA! So I decided to get to work.

The stamp set featured above is Sunny Skies.

Other supplies: Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Cloudy Blue and Stonewashed
Transparency sheet (acetate)
Distress ink pad: Black Soot
Distress Markers: Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Faded Jeans, Barn Door, Spun Sugar
Blue twine/thread
white cardstock card (5 X 6 1/2")
StazOn Jet Black
Ranger Archival Ink: Black
scraps of white glossy cardstock
solid blue cardstock
adhesive (I used double stick tape/tape runner.)


So here was my grand idea:
My goal was to have a multi-layer card. The front would be like a window to the inside. But then, I thought, why bother to have a front at all if you can see everything through it? So I decided to cover up the elements by cutting the clouds out of glossy white cardstock rather than stamping them directly onto the acetate. So the front ending up being my Cloudy Sky and the inside was my Sunny Sky!

I cut the oval out of the front. Stained some acetate with alcohol ink and attached it to the inside front of the card. I used a solid blue cardstock to line the inside front over the acetate to hide the edges. Because I started with a white card, I inked the front lightly with Black Soot to get a nice gray color. I stamped the inside of the card with the elements I wanted from the set in Archival Black and water colored them with Distress markers. I colored the words "you are my" in blue then used orange and yellow for "Sunshine". I stamped the clouds in StazOn onto glossy cardstock and colored them with Distress markers. I cut them out and positioned them on the acetate so they would conceal the colored elements on the inside. I attached the clouds to the acetate and tied a blue thread around the bottom front.

I thought the card turned out really well. I intend to try this style of card with the other stamp set I purchased, "Critters Under the Sea". It would make a lovely ocean scene!

Posting more cards from this challenge in subsequent posts.
Hope you enjoyed!
Wy
"All of my blue skies are waltzing to gray." ---song lyric, Susquehanna String Band

No comments:

Post a Comment