Lawn Fawn Challenge (3): I think I'm in Love!

Over the Rainbow
 
Okay, last card from Lawn Fawn Sunny Skies set.
Uber simple.
 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Sunny Skies clear stamp set
Glossy white cardstock card
Distress markers: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint
Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone
StazOn Jet Black ink pad
 
Inspiration:
I was listening to my CD mix called Rainbow mix. "Rainbow Connection", "True Colors", "Colors of the Wind", "Over the Rainbow", and other color related songs.
 
Stamp large cloud and sun onto card in StazOn black. Add face to sun. Color both. Using Distress Markers make a rainbow down the rest of the card front. (about 3-4 swipes of the brush tip for each color) Stamp sentiment. Stamp bird onto scrap white, color, and cut out. Adhere to card near sentiment.
 
 
Honestly, if you want to try out Lawn Fawn stamps, you really should just pick a set you like and go for it. (They have small sets! Check out the lemonade one...darling.)  I was surprised at the "weight" they have. Sometimes I'm afraid that clear stamps will tear as I try to pull them off their backing (and I have torn a couple!) but NOT with these Lawn Fawn. Very sturdy stuff!
 
I have been concerned about using clear polymer stamps recently as I discovered that some of the ones I have just don't like to hold my water based inks. In fact some of the ones I have don't even stain with black StazOn! So my hopes of "priming" them to get a better image was dashed. But so far, these Lawn Fawn stamps work pretty well. I used my Distress Markers to stamp a sentiment and it came out pretty good. My black permanent inks seem to stick to them after stamping which leads me to believe that I'll be able to use a multitude of water based inks with them directly! Yahoo!
 
Can't wait to start playing with my next Lawn Fawn set!
 
Wy
"Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly." --"Over the Rainbow" from "The Wizard of Oz", sung by Judy Garland
 


Comments

Popular Posts